Abortion is a standard procedure these days. Women who get unwanted pregnancy and are not ready for a child generally choose private abortion in London. The type of abortion you opt for will depend on how far you are into your pregnancy. While abortion is legal across the world, the laws vary from one country to another. While most women opt for abortions during the first trimester of their pregnancy, some go for it during the second and third trimesters. But private medical abortion London in the third semester is rare because it poses a considerable risk to the mother and the baby.
The following types of abortion procedures are performed during the first trimester of pregnancy.
1. MTX: Also known as Methotrexate and Misoprostol, this procedure is used for abortions for up to seven weeks of pregnancy. Methotrexate is a drug used for cancer. It works by stopping the growth of the embryo, just like it inhibits the growth of cancer cells. It is generally not used for planned abortions. You have to take the pills in the presence of your doctor and abortions starts after some hours of receiving the medicine.
2. Vacuum aspiration: This procedure is used only within the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. This procedure is generally used in patients who do not respond to medical abortion. It involves pulling out of the fetus and placenta from the uterus using suction. The procedure can be completed in 5-10 minutes.
The following types of abortion procedures are performed during the second trimester of pregnancy.
1. Dilation: This abortion method is used after the 14th week, in the second trimester of pregnancy. If your abortion is delayed due to some reasons, or if doctors detect some abnormality in the fetus, they suggest this method in the later stages of pregnancy. The process involves vacuum aspiration, use of forceps, and dilation. While the process takes 30 minutes, it is done over two days.
2. Induction abortion: When you want to get an abortion after the 24th week of pregnancy, doctors use this method. It is a very rarely used procedure. You will be given some medicines to induce labor, and then the process will be done by an experienced gynaecologist in London.
The following types of abortion procedures are performed during the third trimester of pregnancy.
1. Induction abortion: This rare procedure is used when you want to get an abortion later in your pregnancy. You will be injected some medicine to induce labor, and then the procedure will be done by an experienced gynecologist.
2. Dilation and extraction: This process is used for abortions to be done after the 21st week of pregnancy. It is a surgical abortions procedure and has its risks because it is being done quite late. Several countries have banned these late-term abortions due to the nature of the threat they pose to the mother and the child.
Whatever procedure you choose, it is advised that you consult your gynecologist before going for an abortion.